College Football Info for 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Info for 2014

Hey guys, starting to do my research for some teams for the upcoming football season and would like all of you guys to help!
    If there is one or two teams that you think will fly under the radar for this upcoming season please let me know!

Mississippi State happens to be my favorite team and returns 17 starters for the 2014 year (9) Offense (8) Defense and that's not including 2 guys that were projected to start before the year in Jay Hughes (safety) who got hurt on opening series of first game of the year and Justin Malone (OG) who also got hurt vs Oklahoma St. Miss St had the toughest strength of schedule last year per warrennolan.com and look to reap the benefits this year with 2nd yr Starting QB and Heisman Hopeful (JR)Dak Prescott at the helm.
    Best Players
    1.(MLB) Bernardrick McKinney RS (JR) McKinney is projected to be a 1st round pick by ESPN analyst Todd Mcshay in 2015. Has a 40 inch vertical and is the unquestioned leader of the Bulldog Defense.

2.(QB)Dak Prescott- Dual Threat QB- led the Bulldogs in rushing last year with 829 yds and (13 Rushing TDS.)
    Mississippi State Bulldogs QB Dak Prescott reshaping game this spring - ESPN

Top offensive football players Alabama Crimson Tide faces in 2014 - ESPN

3.DE/DT Chris Jones (SO) - Beast and future 1st Rd pick if he stays healthy.

4. WR Jameon Lewis (Sr) - Made All-SEC after getting close to 1,000 Yds Receiving last year. Small explosive HR hitter for the Bulldogs.

5. (C) Dillon Day (Sr) - Rimington Award list Candidate and 3rd Yr Starter.

Key Losses
    OG Gabe Jackson 3rd Rd Selection for Oak Raiders will easily be the toughest for the Bulldogs to replace out of the starters lost this year.

S Nickoe Whitley - Had 5 ints last year and was a big hitter but Justin Cox is ready to step in and take over that safety spot after playing CB last year. Played Safety in Juco where he was an All-American and is a better athlete than Whitley.

DE Denico Autry
    LB Deontae Skinner
    RB Ladarius Perkins

The last 3 guys will be replaced by better and more athletic football players.

Biggest Question Marks
    Offensive Line Play - Although State returns 3 starters Blaine Clausell (4) yr starter Dillon Day (3) yr starter and Ben Beckwith plus Justin Malone who was projected to start last yr before going down with an injury, the Bulldogs OLine got overmatched during stretches of last yr going against some of the upper-tier DLines like Bama and LSU and must replace Gabe Jackson who was a terrific OG at the college level. Dak Prescott is a dual-threat QB so he can extend plays on some instances but he has to stay healthy for the Bulldogs to have a chance to have a special season.

Kicking game
    Kicking cost the Bulldogs a couple of games last year and will do the same once again if (A) Devon Bell doesn't get any better or (B) the Bulldogs can't find another kicker that can get the job done. There is a transfer kicker from Michigan coming in.

Bell was 6-14 last year on FG's after going 14-21 his true Freshman season.

Biggest Strength
    DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!!
    Bulldogs have no weaknesses on Defense coming into the year. They have depth, speed and athletic ability all over the field and will be a fun Defense to watch in 2014.
    Last edited by Betthahouse; 05-23-14, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Re: College Football Info for 2014

Bth college football is my favorite sport but not my strongest handicapping.

Every Year I will spend well over 100 hours researching before the season starts. I usually post some of my thoughts in early August.

Look for my post then and respond please.
      PEACE AND LOVE

Comment

Thanks rich and will do! Fball is def not my best either as their is more value in BBall but I had a great year 2 yrs ago. Last yr was probably my worst. Just didn't have a feel on any teams I felt were going to be good early. I'm looking forward some ppl helping out like you and others from this site to come
        up with a few good teams we can ride during football season!
        Look forward to seeing who ya got!

Comment

I like college football too...cant wait! Good read below by David Purdom

Florida State is the favorite to win the first college football playoff, but no one is betting on the Seminoles.

“Hardly any money on them at all, less than 500 bucks,” said Ed Salmons, oddsmaker at the LVH SuperBook.

There have been 2 times more bets on Notre Dame to win the national title than Florida State. Georgia has received twice the amount of bets as the Seminoles. Even Nebraska has received more betting support than FSU.

The LVH is offering national championship odds on 49 teams. At 4/1, Florida State is in the middle of the pack in terms of betting tickets and money.

There’s plenty of action on Auburn, however. In fact, more money has been bet on the Tigers*to win the first national championship of the playoff era than any other team at the LVH.

Alabama is second.

Auburn put a scare into the LVH last season by reaching the BCS National Championship Game. The Tigers began the season at 1,000-to-1 to win the national title at the LVH. Florida State saved the LVH a significant loss by rallying past Auburn, 34-31, in a thrilling championship game.

The next day, Salmons opened Auburn at 20/1 to win the 2015 national championship, which will be decided by a four-team playoff. The Tigers had been bet down to 12/1 to win it all at the LVH as of Monday.

“It’s just been bet after bet after bet (on Auburn),” said Salmons.

Salmons says he’s taken 50 percent more money on Auburn than Alabama. The archrivals will meet Nov. 29 in Tuscaloosa in a game that promises to have major playoff implications.

While we await the season, there are a couple upcoming dates college football fans in Vegas should have marked on their calendar:

Friday, June 13: The Golden Nugget sports book will release point spreads for their college football Games of the Year.
          Sunday, July 20: The tentative date of the LVH’s release of their college football season win totals, games of the year and conference odds.
          Odds & Ends

–Teams with most bets to win the national championship at the LVH: 1. Ohio State 2. Alabama 3. Southern Cal 4. LSU 5. UCLA.

–Teams that have attracted the most money: 1. Auburn 2. Alabama 3. UCLA 4. Ohio State 5. Southern Cal

–BYU (300/1), Utah State (500/1), Vanderbilt (500/1) are the only teams listed at the LVH that have not received at least one bet to win the national championship.

Pick Winners & Catch Fish

Comment

Working...
          X