You can get handicapping matchup reports for most games at http://www.docsports.com/free-picks/

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The West Report-2017 College Football Newsletter

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The West Report-2017 College Football Newsletter

We are now less than a week away from the start of the college football season. I hope the regulars have there readers ready. & maybe a newbie or 2 will join in too.
    Started off as a jab at the scammidicappers. Me & tex were prolly drinking beer & fishing and we were like why i dont i have a newsletter? As well as buddies wanting to know what side i was on in a particular game.
    I try to listen to some podcasts, study off the net, watch alot of football, listen to others & then put my personal spin on my picks in newsletter. The writeups of why the selection is being made is what guys like(for some reason). For satudays card all action is posted by Cob Friday. Other days when i have a pick its put up few hours before kickoff. I think i can say over/under capping is my strength. I like feedback, questions, & comments. The latenight bailout is always popular. May add some new ones like Prime Time gow or what not. I will not force those games. Would be rated if i had a gun to my head for soda pop money. Onto ratings:
    Gom/Goy is 5 units
    Best Bet is 4 units
    Play is 3 units
    Opinion is 2 units
    Lean is 1 unit

Lets pick some winners & catch some fish this Fall! Good Capping as Wise likes to say,

West
    Pick Winners & Catch Fish

Winners? I like winners!

Comment

Yeah baby! The West Report returns. Appreciate it westtxedge and I will def have some feedback as you go! GOOD LUCK this season.

Comment

Alright!! I spent many a Friday afternoon hitting refresh on this page waiting in nervous anticipation for the Weekly West Report. There are a lot of weeks, West Trainman and myself are sitting on a crappie hole pulling in fish, talking about the weeks upcoming games, batting our opinions back and forth. Cussin and discussin as we call it here in Texas
        . By the way, noting better than a nice crisp fall day, crappie or catfishin in north texas.
        "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.... Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Comment

West, you can quote me anytime, brother.

Gentlemen, ladies, walk, jog, no run and get you some West report. Win, lose, draw, West always gives his best.

Don't stay out late and get caught sleeping on the blacktop..........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI839zz3L8U

EL JEFFE --- “Turning and turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, the blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned; The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.”

Comment

Hey West, so glad you're back for another year of winners, opines and fishing stories - good luck this year sir.

Comment

Thank you men. I will try for dang sure. For those of you i dont post a #. No competing with anyone & i capp the games to cover by more than just a few points. This weeks action:

Have a LEAN on byu at home vs fcs school. Coogs should look as this as a freebie warm up scrimmage that lsu doesnt have the benefit of in next weeks neutral site game. I look for them to get up big & hold to the cover with backups playing in the 4th. Visitor not much for confidence coming off 3-8 year with losses vs big boys last year of 66-35 to san jose & 41-3 to washington. Afterall this is the 1st game of year & not a middle of year look ahead spot. Mormans - the big # roll

LEAN on Sf on the road. Likely a joe public play but hey i cant trust home team. Sets up much like last year with bowling green. Recall brand new green coaches & new air raid schemes. They were horrible the first month. HC no previous experience in that job just like here. The OC for Sj is just 28 from the old tech/baylor lineage. Takes awhile to get things going. Strong in over his head at Ut but Sf less pressure with some good returning talent. Bulls bully spartans.

Late Nite Bail Out is a OPINION on over the total. Last game of regular season saw 58 scored with these two. Owl D horrible gave up 9 yards per play vs Trees in matchup. No mcaffery no problem say hello to Bryce Love. Last 6 games of 2016 rice averaged 31.5 ppg & conversely last 6 of Trees they put up 34 ppg. This one flies over down under.

Comment

Last Week 1-2 -$20
                Bailouts 1-0

Comment

LEAN on okie st over. Only reason not higher rated is due to oddsmaker not being asleep here early. As well as tulsa breaking in new qb and some unknowns on that side of the ball. None the less tulsa games averaged 67ppg last year and okie st has averaged 41ppg past 7 years. At home in stillwater i see >50 for home team. Flies over 70 here.

Late nite bail out is a LEAN on devils late in the desert. Devils been to good to me over my years of gamblin out there(i should track just devil bailouts). Looking back this team usually covers vs the little guys at home. After suck ass 16, i think graham has devils ready & runs it up late with petal down.

Comment

Have a OPINION on navy over. Fla atl getting alot of buzz with kiffin effect. This team will score on offense but looking at the D they will get gashed here. In 16 they allowed nearly 40 per game & 514 ypg. Navy has went 7 of last 10 over. Qb & system continue the roll here.

LEAN on buffs. A bit of overreaction in the market due to csu last week IMO. The score was 44-7 last year & now just about a field goal favorite? Big brother tired of hearing about little rams being big shot. Buff run over rams in mile high city.

OPINION on wolf pack. 17 returning starters here. 9 on offense 8 on D with 2 DE prospects. 6 wins a mirage for SC last year. Struggled vs little guys & caught tenn in bad spot. Just 1 the one win vs team with winning record.

OPINION on cal vs nc. Early start for first game no big deal in a opener. Nc just has 12% of offensive output returning outside of trubiisky. New qb harris sucked at lsu see no reason to be better here. Cal should be better on D with new coach that was DC at whisky. Take the generous points.

LEAN on sparty. Big10 big boy bad year last year(3-9). Look for them to return to form at home vs weak MAC team. Think we see a focused sparty here & they win big in Lansing.

LEAN on kentucky. Blew a big lead last year vs smiss. I think they remember that. Tradtionally cats beat up little guys on schedule. Not much back for smiss. SEC flexes muscle here.

PLAY on midd tenn over. Vandy going to be able to score here. 9 atarters back on that side of ball. On D they are in line for some regression have less experience there. Midd tenn lost 47-24 last year. Qb, skill postions loaded. They averaged 40 per game last year. This one sails way over.

Prime time gow. Gun to my head bama. To much love for fsu. Someone told me you dont make money betting against tide. I will be watching like every one else & wouldnt be surprised to saban do what he usually does.

BAIL OUT lost with devils, wtf?!? Not forcing one here. So gun to head Lsu. To much going against byu here. Lsu in backyard. This is a switch here so why no official call in late action. Byu looked liked were looking ahead last week but damn they looked like $hit vs a also ran at home. Cant trust em in this spot IMO.

Pick winners & catch fish,
                    West

Comment

West said cant post so here his picks

09-01-17, 03:43 PM
                      Have a OPINION on navy over. Fla atl getting alot of buzz with kiffin effect. This team will score on offense but looking at the D they will get gashed here. In 16 they allowed nearly 40 per game & 514 ypg. Navy has went 7 of last 10 over. Qb & system continue the roll here.

LEAN on buffs. A bit of overreaction in the market due to csu last week IMO. The score was 44-7 last year & now just about a field goal favorite? Big brother tired of hearing about little rams being big shot. Buff run over rams in mile high city.

OPINION on wolf pack. 17 returning starters here. 9 on offense 8 on D with 2 DE prospects. 6 wins a mirage for SC last year. Struggled vs little guys & caught tenn in bad spot. Just 1 the one win vs team with winning record.

OPINION on cal vs nc. Early start for first game no big deal in a opener. Nc just has 12% of offensive output returning outside of trubiisky. New qb harris sucked at lsu see no reason to be better here. Cal should be better on D with new coach that was DC at whisky. Take the generous points.

LEAN on sparty. Big10 big boy bad year last year(3-9). Look for them to return to form at home vs weak MAC team. Think we see a focused sparty here & they win big in Lansing.

LEAN on kentucky. Blew a big lead last year vs smiss. I think they remember that. Tradtionally cats beat up little guys on schedule. Not much back for smiss. SEC flexes muscle here.

PLAY on midd tenn over. Vandy going to be able to score here. 9 atarters back on that side of ball. On D they are in line for some regression have less experience there. Midd tenn lost 47-24 last year. Qb, skill postions loaded. They averaged 40 per game last year. This one sails way over.

Prime time gow. Gun to my head bama. To much love for fsu. Someone told me you dont make money betting against tide. I will be watching like every one else & wouldnt be surprised to saban do what he usually does.

BAIL OUT lost with devils, wtf?!? Not forcing one here. So gun to head Lsu. To much going against byu here. Lsu in backyard. This is a switch here so why no official call in late action. Byu looked liked were looking ahead last week but damn they looked like $hit vs a also ran at home. Cant trust em in this spot IMO.

Pick winners & catch fish,
                      West

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.... Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Comment

Thanks for the handoff, Tex - respect, Sir.

Comment

Frustrating week. Games i saw no value in with # with gun to my head easy W's. Didnt watch vandy game but i doubt D that good & mid tn that bad on offense. Lots of football left.

Last week 4-5 -$490
                          Season 5-7 -$510
                          Bail outs 1-1

Comment

Oh no more games involving kentucky. No doubt if had smiss here kentucky wouldve scored late to cover. Right Tex?

Comment

So weird knup that i see my friday post here with picks but i dont recall seeing it then & why tex put in here. O well no big deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X