X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guywhoknows
    started a topic Today In Baseball

Today In Baseball

Rick Nolasco has had a rough start to the season. Currently he is 3-6 and has a 7.15 ERA. Today he will be facing an aggressive Baltimore line up that is hitting .311 in the last 7 days and .272 with RISP. But irrespective of his start to the season, Nolasco's 2-1 in his last 3 starts, giving up 5 earned runs in 18 innings and a 2.50 ERA over that span. On the hump for the Orioles will be Jason Berken, who has given up 8 earned in his last 2 starts. To his benefit is a Baltimore more team that has been hitting the ball good as of late. But if Nolasco can throw first pitch strikes and stay out of the stretch as much as he could, he will be successful today. I like the way he's been pitching lately and I'm looking for a solid start out of him today. I want to pick the Marlins but my numbers are telling me Orioles. I'm going with my gut let's just hope it's not a gut check. Marlins.

Zach Duke of the Pittsburgh Pirates is having a decent season. In 10 starts he only gave up more than 3 runs 3 times. Not bad. He will be facing the Indians who hitting .277 on the road but .236 in the last 7 days. Duke is 5-2 at home and the Pirates are 7-7 in games with him as a starter. Starting for the Indians is Carl Pavano. He will be trying to compensate for some soreness in his neck and shoulder, which may cause him to leave a lot of balls up in the zone. He has a good strikeout:walks and is a contact pitcher. Pittsburgh's offense has scored 15 runs in the last 3 games. Cleveland will have their chances to score also. The over may be biting. I like the Pirates and the game total.

Marlins ML

Pirates ML

Indians v. Pirates 8.5 ov

• guywhoknows
    replied
    Re: Today In Baseball

sorry i got to the message late. I played LA v CHW over and the Yankees ML & RL. I didn't post the Yankee play because of time constraints. I will try to be more prompt with my post, just been busy this week. Just check up with me.

Leave a comment:

• billy571
    replied
    Re: Today In Baseball

Nice job my man. Called all three. What about Thursday ny/stl?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X