You can get handicapping matchup reports for most games at http://www.docsports.com/free-picks/

Announcement

Collapse

Free Sports Jersey Giveaway - September 2017

SEPTEMBER JERSEY GIVEAWAY!

It's simple. On the first day of every October we will draw ONE LUCKY WINNER. That forum user will win a sports jersey of their choice.

To qualify is simple... Register for the Cappers Lounge forums. MAKE THREE POSTS between now and September 30th on the forums.

If you do those two things, you will automatically be entered in this months drawing! There were only 24 qualified in August so let's increase that. Good luck!

PS -- be sure to use your best email when registering as we will announce the winner via email and on the forums.
See more
See less

Knup's Gridiron Gold NFL Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knup's Gridiron Gold NFL Picks

I like to have fun with my title names. The Gridiron Gold this year! Let's get it started... I passed on the Thursday night game so this is the start. LOTS of plays for me as I like to grind out games each week. Looks like several favorites on my radar this week. Enjoy and good luck.

Week 1

Buffalo Bills -8 Ė The New York Jets are a mess and are going to have a terrible season. Buffalo will lean on the run game and McCoy may go wild. Look for the Bills defense to nearly shut out the Jetís this week. 8 points is getting up there but I like Buffalo to win week one by two touchdowns. Bills -8.

Atlanta Falcons -6 Ė This is a bad matchup for the home Bears. Chicago is hopeful their young rookie QB can save them. But the Falcons are coming in angry from last seasonís Super Bowl loss. Look for the Falcon offense to pick up where it left off. Falcons win this by two touchdowns. Falcons -6

Cincinnati Bengals -3 Ė This is concerning me, Iíve looked at three games and have LIKED all three games. The Bengals are the better team in this game. Plus, anytime an old aged quarterback is marching into his first action of the year on week 1 due to injury ó itís not a good thing. Baltimore will struggle on offense in this one and Bengals roll by 10+.

Houston Texans -4.5 Ė The Texans will win this game on defense. The Jags struggled offensively last year and now plan on a rookie leading them way on the ground. Could go badly week 1 for the Jags. Houston will find some ways to score and win the game by 10+.

Tennessee Titans ML Ė Everyone is riding the Raiders this season and Iím still not buying it. They can score. But they canít defense. Guess what, the Titans can score too and I really like them to have a solid year this season. Mariotta will put it to the Raiders and Titans win a very high scoring game. PUBLIC LINE MOVERS system play as well. Taking Titans ML.

Green Bay Packers ML Ė Another close game but I like the Packers to find a way to win this game at home. Their passing game is legit and all healthy right now. They can carve up the Seattle secondary. The Seahawks will struggle on the ground and look for GB to take control here.

Carolina Panthers -4.5 Ė Cam will be healthier, stronger and prepared to have a great bounce back year. San Francisco is just badÖ AgainÖ Donít see them hanging with the Panthers. Like Carolina to win this one big on the road.

New York Giants +4.5 Ė I tend to like Dallas to win this game but if you look at the history of these two teams, games are always close. It seems like a safe bet to make that this game will be decided by 3 or less points. So Iíll take the +4.5 points in this one.

Minnesota Vikings -3 Ė Classic defense vs. Offense game. If anyone can stop this Saints offense itís the Vikings D at home. And if the Vikings O can score on anyone, itís the Saints D. Taking the home team to play well.

Denver Broncos -3.5 Ė Denver has had the Chargers number over the past several years. Look for the Broncos pass game to take control in this one. Rivers is scary as he is going to sling it all over the place. But with a healthy Anderson and the pass game in place, Denver controls this game.

knup, Nice job, and good luck this year.
    I'm with you on Tennessee this year, their a playoff team IMO.

Comment

Ran out of time today. Here are my picks for the day though.
      Browns +8 This matchup is traditionally closer than many expect. The Browns should compete in this game and keep it within a touchdown. I look for a low scoring game for sure. Go Browns!
      Jaguars +2 The home team has won the L6 in this series. Look for Fournette to get going early. Bortles and Hurns connect as well. Jacksonville wins this game straight up.
      Steelers/Vikings Under 45 I like this Minnesota defense a lot and like them to contain the Steelers a bit here. And we know Minnesota isnít a big time offense so the Steelers can hold them down. Bet the UNDER.
      Jets +14 Iím still not sold on Oakland. Look for the Jets to compete here and possible hold this to single digits. I like getting double digits in this one. Jets +14
      Chargers -3 San Diego is going to win this game at home easily. Gordon is going to have a big day and Chargers will win by double digits.
      Cowboys -2 The Broncos just donít have the offense to compete in this game. They are at home which helps them stay close. But Dallas wins by 10+ in this one. EZ E goes nuts!
      Rams -2 St. Louis looked good last week and I think they repeat that in week 2. The Redskins struggled at home last week and now face a better D on the road. STL wins.
      Seahawks -14 Seattle basically always beats the Niners ó BY A LOT. This game gets out of hand early and Seattle easily covers the -14.
      Falcons -3 Everyone loves the Packers this year. And nobody loves the Falcons. Well, I still do. I think Atlanta introduces their new stadium in style on Sunday Night Football. Falcons cover!

Comment

Working...
      X