You can get handicapping matchup reports for most games at http://www.docsports.com/free-picks/

Announcement

Collapse

Free Sports Jersey Giveaway - September 2017

SEPTEMBER JERSEY GIVEAWAY!

It's simple. On the first day of every October we will draw ONE LUCKY WINNER. That forum user will win a sports jersey of their choice.

To qualify is simple... Register for the Cappers Lounge forums. MAKE THREE POSTS between now and September 30th on the forums.

If you do those two things, you will automatically be entered in this months drawing! There were only 24 qualified in August so let's increase that. Good luck!

PS -- be sure to use your best email when registering as we will announce the winner via email and on the forums.
See more
See less

Official CappersLounge.com POD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys... I lied! I'd love to throw out a college football POD today but can't find anything I like in that game. Tough one for me. Baseball I have a couple leans but nothing I'm loving. How about we just enjoy Labor Day and take a day off from the PLAY OF THE DAY. Back tomorrow! Good luck with your bets!

Comment

Struggling again today to find a play of the day. Will pass. Sorry everyone but better to pass than to guess on a loser. :)

Comment

Ever just have one of those weeks where you can't get caught up -- at all. That's this week. So I apologize for the lack of plays but honestly I Haven't liked a lot anyways. Friday is different, I have a couple baseball and some football I like. Lets go!

Record: 11-7 (+4.28 units)

September 8

Purdue -3 -- The Boilermakers looked fairly impressive last week against a solid Louisville team. Look for them to have a nice easy winner in their home opener on Friday night. Ohio won easily in week 1 but isn't prepared to take on a Big 10 team yet. The line movement concerns me a little as the public is pounding Purdue yet the movement is towards Ohio a bit. But I'm going against that tonight and betting Purdue -3. Good luck!

Comment

9-8-17

Cincy. Mets over 9
          "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.... Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Comment

LIne dropped to 8.5 usually not a good sign, but sticking with it
            "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.... Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Comment

Originally posted by Knup View Post

Purdue -3 --
              Nice win..

Comment

Well that turned out to be one of the easiest POD winners in a while. Boom! Congrats to all of you tailing it. It's Saturday and we have a loaded slate of college football to pick from. Let's see what happens.

Record: 12-7 (+5.28 units)

September 9

Louisville -9 Last week the Cardinals struggled a bit against Purdue. But, If you really look at it, they were destroyed by penalties and a couple key turnovers. Plus, maybe Purdue isn't "as bad" as we all thought. Louisville will clean up the penalties this week and are way more talented than North Carolina. The Tarheels lost at home last week to Cal and will do so again in week 2. We can get Louisville at a discounted line due to their poor performance in week 1. Louisville wins by 20+ in this one. Bet Louisville -9. Good luck!

Comment

Very nice winner for the POD again on Saturday as Louisville took care of business for us. Now we have a full card for Sunday! What shall we choose as the POD?

Record: 13-7 (+6.28 units)

September 10

Atlanta Falcons -6 This is a bad matchup for the home Bears. Chicago is hopeful their young rookie QB can save them. But the Falcons are coming in angry from last seasonís Super Bowl loss. Look for the Falcon offense to pick up where it left off. Falcons win this by two touchdowns. Falcons -6 and Good luck!

Comment

Touts, mothers, cats, & dogs on titans give me Raiders +3
                    Pick Winners & Catch Fish

Comment

SO I took a push in yesterdays POD as the Falcons won by 6. Classic example of EVERY POINT MATTERS. Most of you may have gotten this at -6.5 or -7 even. WATCH THE LINES through the week. And always buy that half point to get you to the key numbers.

Record: 13-7-1 (+6.28 units)

September 11

Minnesota Vikings -3 - Classic defense vs. Offense game. If anyone can stop this Saints offense it's the Vikings D at home. And if the Vikings O can score on anyone, it's the Saints D. Confused yet? Taking the home team to play well and betting Minnesota -3. Good luck!

Comment

Bang bang! Easy winner!!! 14-8 +7.28 units since the inception of POD! Cya all tomorrow.

Comment

Really had a nice easy winner with the Vikings yesterday. Football has been good so far. Now we are back to baseball for a couple days.

Record: 14-8 (+7.28 units)

September 12

Colorado Rockies +110 --
                          Today we go to a huge NL West game between the Rockies and Dbacks. Arizona has won 6 straight in this series including a 4 game sweep recently. So this line is a bit inflated towards the Dbacks. The Rockies have a solid Jon Gray on the mound. He has the pitching edge over Tijuan Walker in my opinion. The Rockies need this series badly so look for them to play very inspired. I'm betting the Rockies as +110 underdogs on Tuesday. Good luck!

Comment

WINNNNNNNNER again on Tuesday. Congrats to those of you following this streak here.

Record: 15-8 (+8.28 units)

September 13

No play today... Will be back on Thursday with a winner :)

Comment

Let's keep this nice streak going into Thursday!

Record: 15-8 (+8.28 units)

September 14

Texans/Bengals UNDER 38 This is an ugly Thursday night football game but I have a bet I like for it. These two teams donít show any signs of exploding on offense any time soon. Look for a 21-10 or 20-14 type game tonight. Iím leaning Houston +6.5 as well but my bet is on the UNDER 38 tonight. Good luck!

Comment

Under crushes! Win once again for the POD. Congrats everyone. Now on a nice 8-1 streak!!!!!

Record: 16-8 (+9.28 units)

September 15

No play today... Back on Saturday for another POD college football!

Comment

Working...
                                X