You can get handicapping matchup reports for most games at http://www.docsports.com/free-picks/

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today In Baseball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today In Baseball

Fist off; Toronto. They are 3 games back in the A.L. East looking to gain some ground today going up against the Florida Marlins in inter-league play. The Blue Jays are in the top 5 in the A.L. in runs scored with a .280 team BA. They have dominated visitor competition at home and have the ultimate work-horse in Roy Halladay toeing the rubber. We all know what Halladay can do and how he can dominate a game. Ricky Nolasco will take the mound for the Marlins. He has a good strikeout:walk but gives up a lot of hits. 76 hits in 50 2/3 innings. He did manage to get a quality start in his last outing against a poor offensive team, the San Francisco Giants, giving up 2 earned runs in 7 innings.

Don't underestimate the Marlins offense. They are 4 th in the N.L. in runs scored and have scored 12 runs in their last 3 games and they are a .500 team on the road. I think the main factor in this game will be the environment. Playing at the Rogers Centre. The Dome. All carpet infield. Picking up the ball for outfielders. It may take at least a day for the Marlins to adjust. Oh, and the Blue Jays were their throwbacks on Fridays. Blue birds win at home.

Tampa Bay got Evan Longoria back in the line up and they lit up the Angels taking 2 out of 3. They won 6 of their last 10 and are on a 2 game winning streak. They are a .500 ball club and 6 games back of the division lead. These guys are looking to gain some ground on a weak Nationals ball club. They will get the opportunity to prove all wrong against Matt Garza who has been fairly consistent at home going 3-2. In the two home losses he only got 4 runs in support. He does not give up a lot of hits and has a .206 BAA. Craig Stammen for the Washington Nationals may be out for a long day. He is not a strikeout pitcher and relies on defense and location to be successful. The Tampa Bay Rays are hitting .272 with RISP. I like the Rays.

Rookie starter Matt Maloney pitched a good game at Chicago for his first start since being called up. He had 4 strikeouts in that game and only walked one. But he did give up 2 HR; 6 hits in 6 innings. I think he has good stuff. He just needs some run support to get this win. Kansas City's starter Luke Hochevar had a good showing his last time out, going 6 2/3 and giving up 2 earned runs. This game will come down to timely hitting. Cincinnati has been struggling a bit. It will be warm and humid in K.C.; I like the under and Cincinnati to win.

Blue Jays -1.5

Blue Jays -230

Rays 11.5

Rays -250

Reds even

Reds v. Royals 8.5 un
Working...
X